We finished our #AscensionSeries14 and my hope is that it encouraged you to consider how essential the ascension is for a complete gospel and for robust Christian living. Below are the articles in order of publication (click the photo banner to read) and also some further resources if you would like to read further and expand your horizon on the ascension.
- Tim Chester & Jonny Woodrow’s The Ascension
- Sam Storm’s Kingdom Come
- Kim Riddlebarger’s A Case for Amillennialism
- Anthony A. Hoekema’s The Bible and the Future
- R. C. Sproul’s The Work of Christ
- Derek Thomas’ Taken Up to Heaven
- John Calvin’s The Institutes (especially book four)
What other resources on the ascension would you recommend?
Mathew B. Sims is the author of A Household Gospel: Fulfilling the Great Commission in Our Homes and a contributor in Make, Mature, Multiply (GCD Books). He completed over forty hours of seminary work at Geneva Reformed Seminary. He also works as the managing editor at Gospel-Centered Discipleship and the assistant editor at CBMW Men’s Channel. He regularly writes for a variety of publications. Mathew offers freelance editing and book formatting. He is a member at Downtown Presbyterian Church in Greenville, SC.